Monday, April 2, 2012

The Buzz Word...

Atlanta looks like this so the "buzz word"....


is actually "BEEEEEEE!!!!!" screamed at the top of your lungs on the playground
 ( if you are 4, that is !)

I don't know about where you are but we have these huge, fat bumblebees that we call "carpenter bees " because they bore into your deck and screened-in porch and make piles of sawdust. They are not the stinging kind but they are huge and their buzz is very loud. The fact that they are not the stinging kind is not comforting at all if you are four!
So in an effort to make bees seem more friendly and hopefully lower the decibel that is used to yell "Bee" on the playground ...
here's a little bee project. I mean little. It is on 3 x 3 Dick Blick canvases left over from another project, some scraps of scrapbook paper, Mod Podge and , again, in the effort to make bees more appealing we used some Sparkle glaze and sparkly ribbon, too.
Ta-da! A nice, friendly bee ...

{It's a quick and easy project and you can throw in a little lesson on shapes if you wish... square canvas, oval bee, rectangle stripes, circle eye and a circle cut in half for the wings.}

Linking Up:

2 comments:

  1. Hi there!
    Thanks for your comment on my blog. I appreciate you stopping by. I hope to see you at the Barn Sale too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and really I'm long beyond four and they still make me incredibly anxious too. Perhaps I need a Beeeeee canvas. :D Thanks for bringing this to the Motivated Monday party at BeColorful
    pam

    ReplyDelete