Saturday, August 10, 2013

Talk, Talk, Talk!

I've been all over the place this summer and I have talked and talked.
With a lot of energetic, dedicated teachers. Both paid and volunteer.


I was invited to present at quite a few Preschool Training Conferences this Summer.
I spoke about creativity in the classroom the most often -
creative practices for both teachers and learners.

I was in the Scout Hut at a beautiful Catholic School in Dunwoody on Friday. What a great group of ladies. I take all my goodies and info with me and we get excited about the upcoming school year.

They were good sports - we talk but we do some silly things, too.

I was also at a conference in Griffin, Georgia talking about creativity in education as well.

The sessions at this conference were 2 hours long so a little different set up. That's a long time to talk.
 

So we did silly stuff at that conference too.
Gives the ladies a break from all my talk, talk, talk.

Then I jumped in the car and took off for Greenville, SC to present at my first national conference - cue butterflies :) It was for the General Board of Discipleship of the United Methodist Church ( I'll never type that again - what a title!) and it was about creativity in Christian Education.  There were paid staff members and volunteers at this conference. It was a ton of fun and we had a blast in downtown Greenville. What a great place to visit and explore.
We ate dinner at a place called Tupelo Honey Cafe - worth the drive back to G'ville just to eat there.
They have several locations - I highly recommend it!

This was the room I was in - one of the art classrooms at the Methodist Church they held the conference in - huge and old and beautiful. I loved their art tables and stools.
 

And look what was painted on the walls. Fun.
 

I also presented in Marietta at another Preschool Training event in conjunction with the Georgia Preschool Association and SAUMC.
This was all about multicultural studies and sensitivity and is incorporated with travel themed units for the classroom. Made me want to go someplace exotic.


This was all about multicultural studies and sensitivity and is incorporated with travel themed units for the classroom. Made me want to go someplace exotic.
 
 
 I'm off to a couple more in the near future and
then I have been invited to a conference at the beach in October!!! Woo Hoo!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment