Sunday, August 3, 2014

Daisies Are The Happiest Flowers

Do you know what movie that's from??
 I love Meg Ryan and I agree.
 I love cheerful, roadside daisies.
 I also loved, loved the show "Please Don't Eat the Daisies" when I was young.
 ( That'll date me, for sure.)

Someone dropped off an unwanted canvas - a large one. Yay!!

I spent a couple of cold, wintry afternoons painting a giant stylized daisy on the canvas.


It was red, so first thing - a turquoise base coat.
Then some basic shapes to create a stylized daisy.
 ( This is what I use my kitchen tools for!)




Outline in black.
My go- to Sherwin Williams paints.



Just filling in with cheerful daisy-ish colors.


 This color is Pickle.
 I want to have the job where I sit around looking at fabulous colors 
and thinking up their names.
SW, call me. I'm available.


Someone at church gave me the canvas so back to church it went.


The next daisy inspired project was painted at
 a little art camp with my favorite 4 and 5 year olds.


They made these canvases for their Moms :)


Then at the beginning of the Summer the stylized daisy painting
 inspired a project at another art camp.


The artists ranged in age from kindergarten to 4th grade 
and they created some pretty amazing line work.


Again, each one is so unique.




They definitely got creative with their colorways.


Aren't these fun? Didn't they turn out great?
I like them better than mine!



2 comments:

  1. I bet they had a ball.
    I am sure your church is enjoying
    your creation.

    Now I am all caught up with you!

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melinda!! Thank you for not giving up on the blog!!! Happy Summer!! Marcie

      Delete