Thursday, November 26, 2015

Junior League Christmas House!

In the midst of the One Room Challenge hoop la
 I was invited to be part of the design team at a house on the
 
2015 Junior League of Woodstock Christmas Tour of Homes
.
That's a mouthful.
And pretty "big league' for me.
 
The lead designer at this home invited me to help and I chose two small areas.
Let me preface by saying that this was a model home. 
 The only nonresidential home on the tour and it was drop dead gorgeous
 from top to bottom.
It's very industrial chic and lots of moody colors and textures.
 To die for painted brick in the interiors in some spots.
 Really amazing.
I want to move in.
 
 
 
I chose a desk/study area in a small landing at the top of the stairs.
It's the hallway between the master and the other bedrooms. In many floor plans it's open in this area like a catwalk but this is a great use of space.
 I knew I wantd to do a gift wrap station.


And I wanted it to look like it was in use right now!!


 
We covered existing framed art that we couldn't move with pictures of the Big Guy in Red that I printed off of the internet.
We typed notes to Santa to go in the antique typewriter and left lists of naughty  and nice people laying around on the desk!


This cart was very popular. It's a hand me down .
It is really used to store floor plans in a drafting office but I like gift wrap better :)


 
 
 
It was a ton of fun and the hit of the whole deal was my tomato cage tree in a galvanized bucket.
 It's so simple and easy but sometimes that's the best.
We have a couple and I use them on our screened porch at Christmas. They have pebbles in the bottom so they don't blow over and I use plastic ornaments.
 
 
My other spot was in th kitchen on the main level.
 It was a huge bakers rack in between the kitchen and eating area.
 I knew what had to happen there the minute I saw it ... cookies for Santa!



 
This popular guy made an appearance at the Christmas Tour of Homes
 and, once again, was a big hit!!
 

 
I made stacks of air dry clay gingerbread men (I use Crayola Model Magic), painted them  and glued them to cookie sheets, spatulas and drying racks from the Dollar Store.
 
 
The "Fresh Milk" sign was a last minute, night before the tour project.
Someone asked how old the sign was and we said, "24 hours :)))))"

 
   Mollie helped me swirl white paint in milk bottles and add cute straws.
what did we do before you could buy cute straws in every color??



 
It put us all in the mood to decorate at home after Thanksgiving.
And that may be all the cookies that get "baked" this year.
 
Think I can get away with it??? 


No comments:

Post a Comment