Thursday, October 13, 2016

Fall 2016 ORC - Week 2


I'm working on  our Master Bathroom as we discussed last week.
And I have the greatest inspiration pic - do look back at it!!
What IS going on in there right now?
Anything? Nothing? 
What's going? What's staying?


Black and White tile floor.
Staying.
This photo with the black and white tile floors and white wall. And palms. Love it.

Beach House life+style : Photo:



Actually a lot is staying or not changing.
Keeping the floor and the cabinets, the layout, etc.
This is really just an attempt to update and decorate a bit but no major remodeling changes. 
#workwithwhatyouhave

Fabulous Faux Bamboo China Cabinet turned linen closet.
Staying. Definitely staying.
This is the "before" discolored yellowy finish.


I actually started painting the cabinet and it's the best coral-y color ever!!
 It was September's Color of the Month
 but that has not stopped me from using it in October!!


Like, I could eat it with a spoon.



Since the cabinet has glass doors, which I love, I have been searching the thrift stores for vintage bamboo and wicker storage containers like this suitcase.
 I'm using them to hide anything and everything.


Image result for vintage wicker suitcases

It's not the final "zhush" of the inside but I have found some great bamboo and wicker suitcases and none of them were over $4.00 at the thrift stores!!
You may remember the gold pineapple not-really-a-DIY!!



I found a pair of bamboo mirrors  in a thrift shop in Charleston last Thanksgiving.
 They are finally going to take their rightful place above the vanity.
Do I have bamboo mirrors in all of my other bathrooms?
 Yes. Is that a problem? Not for me! 
Can you have too many bamboo mirrors? I can't.
 Do I hoard them? Yes. Especially pairs.
Image of Ficks Reed Vintage Painted Rattan & Bamboo Mirror
(These pictures are like airing our dirty laundry for all to see. Yikes!)

I also have that large mirror in there now in a deep coral . I hope it stays. 

There is a white garden stool next to the tub. I think it's staying.

Image result for white garden stool

I have a lot of beachy art that isn't hanging anywhere right now so I think a gallery wall is a possibility above the tub. It'll  be interesting when (and if) I soak in the tub.

Or maybe a cleaner look with a large black and white photo.

Toskovich:

The Olive Exclusive, boutique hotel, Windhoek, Namibia:

Or single piece of art.
#obviouslyundecided

Beach House life+style : Photo:

www.pizitzhomeandcottage-style.com/news-from-pizitz:



I have a metal hanging shelf. 
It may be staying or it may be replaced by a bamboo one. 


Vtg Wood Bamboo Rattan Wall Mount Display Hanging Shelf Bathroom Storage Rack:

The walls are white. Staying white.

The  Master bathroom ceiling is already a very pale turquoisey blue. It's a Lowcountry thing. And it's staying.
This room. The ceiling is only part of the fabulousness!

Every beach house should have a sky blue ceiling.  Full home in our newest issue, #OnStandsNow. (: James Merrell | Design: @toddaromano) #instadesign #homedecor:
via

We have shower doors.
 They are staying but I hope a shower curtain is coming to hide them.

Green Fronds Shower Curtain:
(I think I could DIY a handpainted shower curtain. Palms. Or blue coral. Hmmm)

or
maybe banana leaves....

palm print bathroom.:

or classic white with a monogram is always. always fabulous.

Too bad I don't need a shower curtain in my house now but this would be an amazing ALWAYS SASSY idea for @Kristy Evans!:

So many possibilities.
And in the case of this long neglected bathroom, anything will be an improvement.

Be sure to check out all of the amazing design work taking place on all the other blogs by visiting Calling It Home Blog. 

All images via my Pinterest pages or photos taken by me!

7 comments:

  1. Holy gorgeousness! That hutch. Oh my. Can't wait to see this room take shape!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erin!! That hutch has been the find of the decade for me!! I can't wait to finish painting and style it up!!

      Delete
  2. OBSESSED with that bamboo cabinet. And the color is divine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm a bit obsessed with it too!! It steals the show!

      Delete
  3. That cabinet is amazing and the paint color is fabulous!! I am appreciating all shades of orange lately and this is the best. And you find a PAIR of bamboo mirrors!!!?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy!! i saw that cabinet online, bought it via a quick text in less than a minute and then told my husband we had to go pick it up immediately before they changed their minds!!! :) And the pair of mirrors was super lucky. I looked high and low for them when I did the last ORC for Mollie's bath and so I snatched these up!!

      Delete