Thursday, October 4, 2018

One Room Challenge - Lucky No.7

Here we go! 
This is my seventh One Room Challenge since I decided to participate
 in my first ORC in the Spring of 2015.
So, Lucky No. 7 it is!

I have found the ORC to be a great motivator 
and apparently I like the crazy pace and deadlines!

Let's look back in case you haven't been following along through the past ORC's and then we will jump right in with the project for this Fall.

My first One Room Challenge was my guest bedroom. 
Improvements were definitely made but I hadn't quite hit my stride - 
as you will see when we get to the Spring 2017 ORC :)



My second ORC (Fall 2015) was a Mother/Daughter project as Mollie and I redid her bathroom and incorporated all of her favorite things! Literally, we made them all work!


My third ORC (Spring 2016) was the "Black Is Back" Library.
We had morphed our Dining Room into a Library over a decade before and it was time for an update - and more bookshelves!
I painted everything, I mean everything, a glossy black to create an American version of  a cozy British "snug."


My fourth ORC (Fall 2016) was our Master Bathroom where a faux bamboo china cabinet that was a thrifting find of a lifetime became a gorgeous coral linen closet. Yes, we have a china cabinet in our bathroom.



My fifth ORC (Spring 2017) is my first ORC. 
Don't be confused - I never felt like I had really nailed it with my first ORC. I was a newbie and I got bogged down and while the room had been improved it needed a revisit. 
Much better this time!



My sixth ORC (Fall 2017) was our entryway. 
This room was a lot of fun to do, gave us a fresh look in time for the holidays 
and contains some of my greatest thrifting scores of all time! 



So, here we are ...

Lucky No. 7.
(drum roll, please!)

It's going to be our beloved Screened In Porch. 

Yes, I know it's Fall, but in the South there are still porch sitting days to be had. 
And if any spot ever needed ORC love it's this porch in this moment.

Sparing you too many details on an already lengthy post but this porch was once lovely. Then we had some storm damage, a repair was made (we thought) and then sneaky, leaky, hidden damage occurred, insurance did not cover even though it began with storm damage (story of my life!), contractors were backed up for months in our area (and, you know, $$) 
so we took this on ourselves. 
It's been a huge project taking most of our Summer weekends, 
evenings and any spare moment. 
But we have finally arrived at the "fun part!"

It's time to make this porch gorgeous again!

BUT, 
this is the current reality!
Does't look like we have poured a whole Summer of blood, sweat and tears into it to get here but we have. 
It's all the structural, not pretty stuff that had to happen first.




We do remember how pretty this porch can be (proof below!!) and I am dedicated to having this fabulous, much-loved, much-used family favorite back to being the best room "in the house."




I hope you will follow along on the ONE ROOM CHALLENGE 
to see how we revive this porch. 
Next week- more on my inspiration, changes we are going to make and a couple of creative DIY's!
And, as always, in real time and on a "real" (or no) budget!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mollie. First...love that coral chabinet in your master bath. And your vision for the new space is fab! Looking forward to following. ~~ Susie from The Chelsea Project

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything in your house looks so classy and comfy.That coral shade is amazing! Its almost the same shade I used to paint a floral panel on my daughter's bedroom. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Belle!! I love that color coral - it looks great with everything it's paired with. I bet your daughter's bedroom is fabulous!

      Delete