Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Oyster Shells at Christmas!

I love oysters.
 I love oyster shells.
I bring my oyster shells home from restaurants after I eat the delicious oyster. 
(Some people in my family find this embarrassing!)



And even though oyster shells may seem coastal and Summer-y they are actually a very traditional Christmas decoration. 
I remember seeing them tucked in to wreaths and Christmas trees in Williamsburg and Charleston when I was growing up. 

I have used them around my house - in plants as "mulch", piled in glass hurricanes, in flower beds, around my pond and more
I've even painted a few gold.

And I have wanted an oyster shell wreath for ages!
But they can be a bit pricey. 
I considered drilling the holes and making my own and then this Summer on a trip I found one for a price I could live with!!

So, for Christmas, I backed it with a store bought, Black Friday $6.00 evergreen wreath, added a string of fairy lights
 and stuck some fresh magnolia in where a bow would normally be.
I love it.


 There are some really creative things going on this year with oyster shells.

I found these on IG:

is making the BEST blue and white oyster shell ornaments!

And how fun are these contemporary oyster shell ornaments?
You can see them on this IG Feed:



Do you like oysters? 
Do you eat them? 
Or just decorate with them?
If you have seen some other awesome oyster shell Christmas decorations then be sure to share.
I want to see!



No comments:

Post a Comment