Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Coral - I Love It!

I expressed my excitement on Instagram
when I heard that the Pantone Color of the Year for 2019
 is 
Living Coral!

It was right before the holidays 
and I just hadn't had a chance to 
gush any more about my love for this color!
But now it's gray, dreary January in Atlanta so we need to talk about color!!


I did recently paint my Foo Dog thrifting find a delicious coral color. 
There were some doubters out there but it's only paint
 and I personally think he looks pretty fab.


Before 
and 
After!


My fabulous china cabinet turned bathroom storage extraordinaire 
was painted coral for my Fall 2016 One Room Challenge 
(a little ahead of Pantone's announcement)
I can't imagine painting it any other color! I love it so much.


I love blue and white chinoiserie in a big way 
but I fell in love with a coral-y orange lamp while working on this bathroom
 and now I can't pass this color chinoiserie up!


And this china pattern is gorgeous.


No surprise - it's by Mottahedeh who brings us the much loved Tobacco Leaf among other patterns. This coral design would be beautiful mixed in with almost any other pattern.

And look at this coral lampshade on this fun monkey lamp! 
Just that one spot of coral in this colorful room adds so much.


Summer Thornton went allll the way with gorgeous deep coral walls.



I have a Pinterest Board called Color It Coral.
 I'm sure I'll find a lot to "pin" this year!

Here is a favorite image already on the board:
I could happily live in this coral house with it's fabulous potted topiaries! 
What about you?

4de1735f4f4e1f0ac4d036c578a60bc8

And since Pantone's color is called "Living Coral" I can't pass up sharing this picture
 I took a couple of years ago while I was on site in SC for post- hurricane debris clean up. There was devastation all around and we worked incredibly hard all day long 
but this sunset was our reward!


So will you be using more coral in your home this year!
I will. I always do and I feel like this Pantone choice is license to go coral crazy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment