Saturday, January 12, 2019

New Year. New Plants.

Once I take down all of my Christmas decorations, toss the poinsettias that are dropping leaves at an alarming rate and sweep up all the prickly evergreen needles, 
I have an uncontrollable urge to buy green plants and flowers
 for inside our house. 


(obsessed with the glaze app!)

It is a real thing. 
Happens every year.


This bunch of lilies from Trader Joe's already smells heavenly
 and they aren't even opened yet.
Being able to buy wine, flowers and organic produce in one place is beyond amazing to me!
I love TJ's.


My paperwhites that I planted (late) in December are just now blooming in the kitchen.
They smell amazing, too!


On Monday, I bought a fiddle leaf fig (my first one ever) from Wal Mart for just $17.00
We will see how it goes. 
I've never been willing to risk the cost of one - but under $20?
 I'm feeling daring.


We are calling her FiFi for short and she still needs a home (besides the kitchen table) 
and a pretty planter but she's gorgeous with big glossy leaves.
 Fingers crossed my thumb is green enough to keep FiFi happy!

 Remember this gal?
This is her everyday/non-holiday look.


And then, I sooo did not want to take this tree and it's cute ornaments down 
but I found a gorgeous, huge, brass planter while thrifting on Monday 
and it was just the motivation I needed. 
I could just see it on the front entry table with a lush green plant in it. 


I think that once the Christmas holidays are over I'm just ready for green and Spring.
 Fresh flowers and plants help me get through the gray days of January!



No comments:

Post a Comment