Friday, April 19, 2019

Chinoiserie Watering Can

April Showers Bring May Flowers...
and if not, then I'll just water my flowers using my newly painted Chinioiserie watering can.

I was inspired by a post from Ashley Brooke's Instagram
where she posted a picture of her gorgeous porch. The picture sparked a flurry of questions about her blue and white floral watering can.
It made me wonder... I had a beat up old watering can I could do a "test run" with.



Pretty cute, huh?

I washed my beat up old can off and started to spray paint it. I was so into the project that I didn't even take a "right side up" before picture!



It has a couple of holes on the side where the top handle came off years ago but it looks great glossy and white and this is a "test" anyway.


I grabbed two shades of blue and started freehand painting my design.





A few painted embellishments and a coat of clear spray paint 
and watering has just become a lot more fun!



I'm supposed to be hard at work on my One Room Challenge but I'm a bit bogged down so I am doing what I usually do during the ORC process... I'm off doing unrelated projects. :)
I do it every. single. time.

No comments:

Post a Comment