Thursday, April 11, 2019

What If My Kitchen Wasn't (All) White? - The One Room Challenge Week 2

Week 2 Update.
I was out of town for most of Week 1 but there has been some progress!

 The biggest change this week has been the green faux bamboo server that I found while out thrifting a couple of weeks ago has been cleaned up and given 
a fresh coat of a delicious coral color Sherwin Williams Lei Flower.
(Thank you Pantone for choosing one of my favorites as Color of the Year!)


 A progress shot. 
It's been so rainy in Georgia that we have set up an impromptu paint booth
 on the screened porch :)
You may have seen where these chairs got a coat of paint out here last week!


The coral cabinet is replacing the green dresser that was in the kitchen previously. 
I liked it a lot but loved the faux bamboo one when I saw it 
so I gave the green one away and in moves the coral one!


The server is in place and I've pulled some swatches
 that I would like to use as another textile in the room.



I still have a long to-do list but I'm trying to time projects around Easter company 
and another out of town trip since it's the kitchen and we cook every night!

Here are some of the major bullet points:
1.Paint thrifted vintage bamboo sideboard - check!
2. Curtains - Fabric ordered. Waiting. Decide on curtain rod. Scored great curtain rings on major clearance. Sew curtains.
3. Build/reconfigure shelf to move microwave location.
4. Fix brackets and trim around window opening over sink - very dated. Hello 80's kitchen.
5. Decide on cabinet paint color. 
6. Paint cabinets. There are quite a few to paint!
7. Move globes from Kitchen to Library - check!
8. Use a floor restore/cleaner product on hardwoods that are not being refinished. (Puppy is too young to do a major floor job right now!)
9. Think about a sea grass rug under kitchen table?
10. Accessorize.
11. Bamboo blinds?? Not a necessity - purely aesthetic. Worth the expense at this time?

Follow my progress (fingers crossed) on my Instagram.
Be sure to follow along and see all of the other "One Room Challeng-ers" and their amazing rooms, ideas and progress.




3 comments:

  1. Love the coral cabinet! I think I need to set up one of those impromptu painting booths, too...I live in Greenville, SC so I guess we're getting the same rainy weather that you are and it's messing with my paint schedule :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the ORC seems top bring out non-painting weather :))))

      Delete
  2. Don’t use ZAP as a floor restorer! Dog urine goes right through it.

    ReplyDelete