Monday, February 13, 2023

Gather Up All the Pink and Red!!

Valentine's Day is about telling people you love them. I think it should be sweet and filled with kindness not stress about spending money on over the top gifts or flowers. I also decided a long time ago that I did not want to wait in lines or eat in overly crowded restaurants that night either. Valentine's celebrations, for us, have always been family events and simple but fun.

When Mollie was young she decorated with hearts she made and taped everywhere. We made hearts from wax paper and crayon shavings like my mom did with me and we often ate heart shaped pizzas we made at home. I would buy cannolis or a special dessert at the bakery because that is not my strong suit!

This year I pulled out everything pink or red and put it all together! On Valentine's Day it just works. I did create DIY red and pink marbleized chargers from some thrift store finds. Everything else (except the candy) I had on hand and most of it has been thrifted over time. 




I didn't buy any fresh flowers but I did pull out a family heirloom glass compote that I fill with roses that I let dry when I do buy them. I love fresh flowers and I do believe you should treat yourself when you are able. 



Tie a gingham bow on your every day items and suddenly they are fun!






I hope that you get to spend time with those you love but should you find yourself alone then treat yourself because you are worth it!









No comments:

Post a Comment