In many ways time has flown by during this Pandemic. Days can seem long but the weeks seem to fly. I know that makes zero sense but I can't figure out any other way to explain it!
In past ORC's I would be rushing around at this point looking for all kinds of things.
This ORC I'm happy to have the walls, cabinet and mirror painted at this point!
The initial plan of solid white walls gave way to a subtle stripe. Yes, stripes again.
I've had a couple of color variations of stripes over the last 10 years in there and I was just going to go with plain white to change things up and to enjoy crisp white walls. Also, I had white paint and love white walls. After many hours of working on the walls and sanding and cleaning up sheetrock dust and doing it over again. I caved. The stripe will camouflage the issues that I can not resolve. Having a sheetrock person in to redo the whole room is not an option.
I had some blue paint on hand that I diluted with my white paint so I could solve the issue without going to a store.
I used my leftover Naval by Sherwin Williams. I used it in my Kitchen ORC that I didn't finish in time last go round and now need to photograph and post. Then Mollie used it in her bathroom and now I'm using it to mix a stripe color! Such a great navy!
Cooper seems to have an opinion on the stripe color :)
And if you think this bathroom is large enough for me, Cooper and all the paint stuff then let me assure you it's not!
Finally moving on from paint and sheetrock repair.
And we all like the stripes!
I also wanted an outlet on the wall opposite the vanity. This is the wall that the bamboo shelf is on. I have always had a lamp on the vanity in this bathroom. The previous built in vanity was big and had a large countertop. It took up a lot of space but having a lamp in there was nice.
I basically love lamps and have them in every room - including the kitchen and all the bathrooms! Now with the new, smaller footprint vanity I may need to put the lamp on the opposite side of the bathroom and there wasn't an outlet.
We completed the electrical work easily as there was an outlet on the other side of the bathroom wall and was inside our pantry cabinets and wasn't accessible. We just flipped it around to the powder room. All we had to do was cut a small hole and do a minimal amount of wiring.
That's a win!
Solving the flooring issue is on this weekends agenda and then the powder room is ready
for fun things to start happening.
Next weeks' update should be more exciting!
Stay well and check out everyone else's progress here.