Thursday, May 21, 2020

My 9th-ish ORC and WASH Your Hands

Week 3 doesn't look much different from Week 2 where I showed you the wall damage from demoing the vanity.
I have been sanding walls and then cleaning up sheetrock dust. 
And then sanding walls and cleaning up sheetrock dust. 

The cabinet base is painted. I'm starting to paint the mirror. 
And the walls are getting their first coat of white paint. 

And even though I don't have a lot of firm decisions made, (partly due to the current shelter in place situation) and some decisions may change based on item availability and such, I absolutely love the cabinet paint color. It's Anjou Pear by Sherwin Williams and it's so rich. Perfect - not too bright or yellow-y and not too brown and mustard-y! Does that make sense?? :)



So sheetrock dust and watching paint dry. #week3

And while working on something else I did come across a few "before" pictures 
of this Powder Room after all. 

The wall opposite the vanity had a gallery wall full of art purchased on my travels. 
I'm relocating most of those so I'm beginning to think about what I want to hang in this space now. That's a lot more fun than sucking up sheetrock dust and watching paint dry!



And the other wall had this large Audubon Flamingo on it. It inspired the pinky-coral cabinetry. I think it might move someplace else but it or another Audubon might show up in here yet. Still looking at what I have and might move around the house. 
Can't get more #shoplocal than #shopthehouse! :)

I'm planning for the bamboo shelf to stay in here 
but I need to do a better job of utilizing it and styling it. 


Next week should be about more interesting things than sheetrock dust!!
All of the priming and painting should be behind me.

Please check out everyone else's progress here!


No comments:

Post a Comment