Thursday, May 14, 2020

My 9th-ish ORC and WASH Your Hands!

 Week 2, I guess. 

Time runs together in some ways during all of this shelter in place, social distance, slow reopening of life period in time. 
We are really doing okay and keeping busy. 
I hope you and yours are well and you are spending this time in whatever way makes you the most at peace. 

So, what's up in the ORC project?
The bathroom cabinet was a very sturdy, built into the corner of the powder room, nondescript late 80's thing. The formica countertop had a 5 inch or so back splash that was glued to the sheetrock wall and, wow, was it glued. The wall damage was more than expected so this week has been about mud and sanding dust. 

In addition to that sucker being super glued to the wall the hardwood flooring did not extend under the cabinet. So the flooring had to be patched because the new cabinet doesn't have the same footprint. Not a problem because I have a plan!
What I realized after we started demoing the Powder Room is that I basically have zero "before" pictures. It's impossible to photograph this room- it's small, dark and hard to get a good angle. 
Not sure what that says about reveal photos but that's a few weeks away! 
Any tips on photographing little, dark powder rooms? 
Please share!!


What these pics do show is that the walls were painted in a wide horizontal stripe
 in white and SW Amazing Gray ,which is not gray but greige. 
I love the horizontal stripes but if I'm painting I usually like to change things up. 
The plan right now is for white walls - partially because I have white paint and I love white walls 
and partially because curbside paint pick up is just another "thing" to work out. 
I have not ruled out another wall color completely but white is currently in the lead.


The cabinet in there has been several colors along the way but most recently it (and the faux bamboo mirror) was a coral-y pink that looked great and because of the low lighting in there looked more subdued than it does here on the demo pile. :)
The cabinet basically had to be demolished to remove it from the room. 
It was definitely built to stay!! 

Here is the new , big box store, simple, budget friendly vanity mentioned in Week 1.
Pretty basic...


until this gorgeous SW Anjou Pear paint is on it.



It's fun to be working with sunny, cheerful color right now!

See you next week and be sure to check out everyone else's projects here



2 comments:

  1. Ooo, really like the fabric and paint color! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I had it on hand from a thrifting trip last year and liked the color. I decided to use it since popping out to shop wasn't an option but now I've grown to really love it as other parts of this redo fall into place!

      Delete