Tuesday, February 7, 2023

What Should We Call These Planters Anyway?


I love them but we all seem unsure about what to call this style of planter! 

Bust planters, statue planters, planter heads - I've seen all of the names. Whatever name we decide upon one of the most asked questions that I get on my Instagram is where do I find them? 


There isn't a short answer except to say "Everywhere."
I'll explain... I have purchased mine all over the place, including Amazon,  and in all kinds of shops. I look at thrift stores and antique malls. Garden shops are a good source. I've found a couple there. I have also found them at backroad concrete statuary places. In the middle of nowhere. You just never know. I'm going to link some from Amazon below. If you have free shipping it's a great place to start your collection. These can be heavy! Be sure to read the dimensions and also to check if they are made for outdoor use. I have mine inside and outside but some are strictly for indoor use. 

The finish on this one is slowly chipping away but I don't mind it.

Choosing what "hair" to plant is always fun. Creeping Jenny is one of my favorites.

 
They are fun in every season. I've planted them with spring bulbs and pansies. The first bright spot in the garden.


They love a good holiday look!



 
I tuck them in everywhere. 


So now that you see how much fun they are to have in the garden, on your porch or even inside here are a few that are easily sourced:

I have this guy! 

I also have this pretty lady

This bust planter of a young child is so sweet. 

This one is a wall planter - so unique!

I have this one too. I didn't purchase her from Amazon but this is a good price. And these can be pretty heavy so if you have free shipping it helps!

I hope you find a planter that you like. Whatever we call them, they make great companions inside and out!





No comments:

Post a Comment