Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Christmas Tour-ish!



I hesitate to use the terminology "Christmas Tour" of my home considering some of the blogger tours out there!
So I guess it's a tour-ish! Sort of a tour...
Really just some peeks into our Christmas decorating...

We have a new (to us) greeter guy by the front steps.
I decided to cozy him up with a plaid scarf and Mollie gave him some sparkle with a "bouquet" of shiny ornaments in the shell he holds.
We are pretty smitten with him.




Just inside the front door is our most recent One Room Challenge project - our entryway.
It was fun adding some holiday touches to our "new" room.



The ceramic Nativity lights up but doesn't photograph well that way. 


I have been putting it on that chest for longer than I can remember.
I put a $4.00 pink poinsettia in a cachepot and added magnolia branches and evergreens to make it full and look good reflected in the mirror.
I'm a pink or white poinsettia gal all the way.




On the opposite wall in the entryway is my fabulous Brighton chair and table thrifting find from a few months ago.





To the left of the entryway is our Library.
 Formerly the Dining Room, about 10 years ago we started adding bookcases
 and morphing it into the full blown library it is today.
It is the only room that doesn't have white walls - they are high gloss black 
(Sherwin Williams Tricorn).



Oh, and wearing our furs. Faux, of course.












I hinted on Instagram last week that I was making a few changes in our downstairs powder room in preparation for a holiday brunch that Mollie and I jointly co-host.
It was supposed to be a quick paint job to  switch the green mirror for a different bamboo mirror I found the week before and paint it and the tan cabinet a bright cheery coral-y pink to coordinate with my flamingo print and add some pizzazz to the powder room.


We love the bright color (and by "we" I do not mean my husband) 
and it really adds a lot to the room even if I ended up not being able to use the "new" mirror after painting it and then having to repaint the first bamboo mirror from green to the new SW Grenadine pinky-coral color. 
This is why one should not start a project a few days before one has 20 women for brunch and why one should try mirrors to see if they fit before one paints them. 
Just sayin'
(And the towel is crooked. But isn't it cute?)






You can see the big tree on the screened in porch peeking in.

 A few pink bottle brush trees and some shiny ornaments for the bamboo shelf 
and we are set in this little room.


That concludes Part One of our Tour-ish. 
More to come soon.
I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment