Thursday, March 1, 2012

Going, Going, Gone...

... Or at least I hope so! These are for a Silent Auction that College Girl is involved in. Hopefully they will help the cause! I have had owls all over the place this week. I wondered what you call a "flock" of owls in a previous post, http://madebymolliesmom.blogspot.com/2011/08/owl-tell-you-what-else-ive-been-doing.html, and I googled it. Most sources say that a group of owls is called a Parliament but a few also say a Congress. I guess it depends on if they are British or American owls!! (I'm assuming that it is because we think that people serving in Congress or Parliament are wise??)
Well, anyway, around here Parliament (or Congress) has been in session!
I also created two canvases for the Silent Auction. More owls. These are decoupaged using Mod Podge and scrapbook paper.
"Be whoooo you are"

and

"I love the night life"

Do you like Silent Auctions?? We had one at church last week. We raised a nice amount of money for missions but some of the adults took things pretty seriously :) It was a hoot - just sayin'!!

Linking Up:

7 comments:

  1. How great that these are going up for auction to benefit wonderful causes! I hope they do well. I especially like the decoupaged owls from scrapbook paper. That would make a great wall hanging for a little girl's room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute! Owls have become so popular and I am starting to really like them, it's not that I didn't like them before, but I just didn't give them much thought. Hope the silent auction goes well and those bring in a lot of loot for the cause.

    http://www.thejohnslife.com/BabycakesBlog/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my I LOVE owls so of course I'm going to fall in love with these owls!!

    Maysem @ odetoinspiration.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. the wall hanging owls are adorable but the owl canvases really stole my heart. You wise girl you. :D
    Thanks for sharing on BeColorful
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love it if you could share this on my link party - Serenity Saturday
    http://serenityyou.blogspot.com/search/label/Serenity%20Saturday

    Natasha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. just love owls!!

    thanks for sharing on Serenity Saturday!
    Can't wait to see what you link up later today!

    Natasha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. As you already know, I think these are ADORABLE. :D Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my umbrella door candy and yellow door. Now I am dying to see that tangerine door. Seriously, dying. :D
    pam

    ReplyDelete