Friday, January 26, 2018

Bamboo Friday with Marshall Watson

Where have I been?
Did y'all know about Marshall Watson and just not tell me??
Good grief. He has a fabulous book out and everything. 

This is the image that got me. 

Bahamas home | Marshall Watson Interiors

Fabulous bamboo console table in the entryway of this Bahamian home. 
So I'm hooked already - you had me at Bahamas and bamboo.

But, look at that lamp.
I zoomed in.


I don't know a thing about it except that the shape reminds me of a plain lamp
 my mother had when I was young. 
I think this could be a great DIY.
I think you could go all "John Derian" on a soft turquoise blue-green jug lamp base.
A little antiquing and crackle glaze, maybe, and you could have something very similar by just investing a bit of time, decoupage glue and a thrifted lamp. 

So this is Bamboo Friday with a little DIY idea as a bonus. 

Have a great weekend and let me know if you DIY a sea creature lamp!

No comments:

Post a Comment