Monday, July 1, 2024

July 1

 July 1. Dappled light.


The dappled light is so pretty in the backyard and gives us relief from the hot summer sun. The amount of shade we have makes growing certain things more difficult - tomatoes are a challenge. But I have learned to appreciate so many variations of cooling greens as the backyard became more and more of a shade garden. I think I enjoy subtlety so much more  now than I used to. You have to slow down and look closely to appreciate the minor variations but it feels like a metaphor for life as I age. It is the little things that catch my eye and appreciation. I'm also more open to working with the things I have - like this old shed - and appreciating the things it does do even if it's not a fabulous, charming garden folly. Gardening definitely gives one perspective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment