Thursday, October 11, 2018

ORC- Lucky No. 7 Week 2

This week is all about painting plus my inspiration and direction for this ORC challenge.
The "befores."  It can only get better!
(if you are just joining in you can read here  how this space ended up in such a sad state!)



First up - paint. 
The roof repairs are finished and the ceiling got a coat of blue paint. 
In the South we paint our porch ceilings soft, pale blue.
It's a Southern gal's Southern porch so the ceiling is blue - it's a given with me. 
SW Swimming it is!


I know it doesn't look like much progress but
it's been so messy and overwhelming for so long that this coat of blue paint has really given me hope that this porch will be looking so much better in a few short weeks!!

Next up, last (yes, last) November I found this beauty:



It was sitting in front of my Restore/Habitat for Humanity Store. 
I did not "need" it. The porch was under a layer of tarps.
It was in perfect condition. Perfect. 
It was 50% off furniture day. This wicker lounge was marked $120.00
 (already a great deal - it's huge and beautifully upholstered in this creamy yellow chinoiserie fabric)
 and it was marked through and labeled $60.00.
So I figured that was the 1/2 price already marked. 
Nope!
It was an additional 50% off. 
Yep, it was $30.00.
Okey dokey, coming home with me.

So this chaise is hopefully going to find it's rightful spot on this area of my porch. There is already a swinging bed on one side and it is staying, definitely staying. 
It is the best reading/napping spot ever. 
So we have to make the two work together in the space.

(a picture from before the leak invaded the porch!)

And see the fireplace on the center back wall? And the gas insert just sitting there?
My husband found  the gas insert at Restore at a different time. We want to fit the gas insert into the antique mantel/faux fireplace we have had on the porch for years. 

I will want to orient the wicker lounge chair and the swinging bed toward the fireplace. 

The swinging bed used to hang across the opening but we have moved it to the side of the space to allow for better furniture arrangement. Still plenty of room to gently swing and relax!

And then I'm hoping to add a few of these elements in a variety of ways so stay tuned!

Maybe a little zebra ...

 Some floor paint...

Bamboo, elephants and blue and white are always welcome on my porch! 

And some fabulous fabrics for pillows...

I'm scheming this week!
Follow along on my Instagram and Facebook as well!!

And be sure to see what all of the other ORC Guests are working on here.




No comments:

Post a Comment