Sunday, October 28, 2018

ORC Lucky No 7 - Week 4

As I stated last week, I've been in Charleston SC (lots of pretty porch inspiration!!)
 and the Virginia mountains 
for the last 8 days so nothing much has happened physically.
I used all my travel time to think, visualize, source and plan 
so I can hit the ground running this week.
Time is flying by!!


One thing that did actually happen was my handy husband worked on the "box" for the gas fireplace insert while I was away.
There is still a lot to be done but I'm excited to see progress. 
We salvaged that fireplace mantel from an old house in Marietta GA over 27 years ago that was scheduled for demolition.
Every time my husband mentioned getting rid of it because I hadn't done anything with it yet, I resisted. Then several years ago we added this section onto our screened porch and we "installed" the mantel as a focal point. Then we started looking for a gas insert and one finally showed up at Restore ages ago and now it's close to being a reality.
We certainly took our time on this one!


Things still look pretty rough but there is actually progress. 
I have the floor paint ready to go now that I'm back in town!
Gorgeous green!

I just need good weather so I can roll it on and show y'all some actual progress. 
Please check out everyone else's progress here and if I haven't bored you too much please come back next week and see if I might actually get something done!!




No comments:

Post a Comment