Friday, August 1, 2014

I Love Paintsticks.

I love paintsticks.
True story.
Sounds silly but I have a zillion projects with paintsticks.
I almost hate to use them to stir paint :)

A while back I had a super fun art day with a group of 4th and 5th grade girls. 

I had lots of creative activities planned but I decided to cover the basics before 
I turned them loose with a bunch of exciting supplies. 


We used a paintstick to learn about the spectrum and color mixing.





This may seem remedial to you for 4th and 5th graders but a few years ago I saw an adult do a little segment on Good Morning America
 and she said the primary colors were red, yellow, blue and green.
Maybe she was nervous but I never got over it :)
So I run through a color lesson in a variety of fun ways when I have an art activity with children. 



A little paint, a little color mixing fun and ... ta-da! Rainbow Sticks!!



** My nice Sherwin Williams guy, Todd, gives me paintsticks for the children to use :)



No comments:

Post a Comment