Monday, December 5, 2016

Frothy, Frosty Peppermint Floats and Felt.


Every December my UMYF kiddos want to have a  Christmas Crafting Day 
where they can get creative and make gifts for friends and family. 
We've painted, made sugar scrubs, decorated candles, etc.
 I can't tell you what they worked on this year
 because they are surprises for Christmas morning!

However, I can tell you about our delicious holiday treat that helped us craft all afternoon.
(Do you remember the glittery Snow Guys from a couple of years back??) 


We had frothy, fluffy, frosty peppermint floats. Yum!
We used Publix Peppermint Stick ice cream. 
If you are in the South then you know how good their holiday ice cream is. 
The Eggnog Ice Cream is ah.maz.ing, too!


Scoop the peppermint ice cream into your cup.
 Then pour Sprite (or you can use a non flavored carbonated water but the Sprite tastes great) over the ice cream. It will froth and fluff and create a creamy, frosty, minty float.
Add cute straw. 
And you could add whipped cream 
and sprinkle crushed peppermint candies on top 
for a fancier treat.
It's just so refreshing and festive.


And, felt.

Since I was hanging out while they crafted and they only needed me for questions and not for non-stop guidance I started trying my hand at a felt project.


I cut the letters free hand from some felt we had- no drawing or tracing.
 Non-traditional Christmas colors.
It was fun but I'm more of a paper crafter, I think.
I will not be going into the felt letter banner business any time soon.
I glued it down this morning and I'll try to remember to post a "finished" picture on Instagram this week!

So that's my felt-y, frothy, fluffy update on holiday happenings around here.
Have yourself a Merry little Christmas now.

No comments:

Post a Comment