Friday, September 14, 2018

Bamboo Friday with Olives


Many years ago I bought bamboo handled flatware for us to use as newlyweds. 
Those wore out long ago but I  replaced them 
and to this day we still use bamboo handled flatware - especially when we entertain on our porch. 
I purchased my last set here.
(Wait for a sale! They can be purchased for great deals!)

Now on to the yummy part.
Blistered Olives!!


Last week was my husbands' birthday and he wanted to stay home,
 watch football and have a charcuterie board. 

One of our favorite new additions to our "noshing"  evenings 
are these "blistered" olives. 
I found them on Pinterest (this is the original link.)

They are soooo delicious and easy. They are a great addition to any snacking event - Happy Hour, apps before dinner, charcuterie boards. Anytime.

This is all you have to do. It takes 5 minutes.

You will need:
 1 large jar of green olives stuffed with pimientos, drained.
1 Tbsp of olive oil
1 Tsp of red pepper flakes ( I use a tad more :) We are zesty like that!)
1 Tbsp of fresh garlic, finely chopped. I cheat and use the fresh chopped garlic in the jars from the refrigerator section of the grocery. Up to you. 
Zest of one fresh lemon (don't omit - adds a freshness)

Just put the oil and spices in a saute pan and heat slightly over medium heat.
 Add the drained olives, toss to coat and cook for about 5 minutes - just until they start to brown. We like them a little bit more "blistered" so I do an extra minute or two, tossing occasionally.

Serve with your other snacks and enjoy.
They are YUMMY!




No comments:

Post a Comment