Wednesday, May 29, 2019

The Bucket!

It's a really BIG bucket!!


It's actually a stock tank that should be used to water livestock. 
(I just call it "the bucket")
Some brilliant person decided they would be a fun, easy, dipping pool for us non-farm type people and it has really taken off. 
Country Living mag posted on their IG a couple of weeks ago that they are going to be more popular than ever this Summer. 

 In the cropped photo above things look pretty good but we are still mid-project in reality. 
(See piles of brick below!)


But we have come a long way from where we started last September!
Yes, last Labor Day weekend. 
I started investigating the whole stock tank pool trend last Summer. 
We decide we liked the idea and all systems were go. BUT, we couldn't get a stock tank. 
We are in the Atlanta suburbs so a true feed store is an hour away.
 It took us 3 visits, after calling about availability, to actually get one in perfect condition. 
A couple were dented and they offered a discount but we aren't using it in a field for animals so I wanted it to look good on all sides. We bought ours from Tractor Supply.

We had a little used, needed some lovin' arbor in the back of the yard. 
I thought we could make a few updates and easily plop our big bucket down and get to splashing.
Nope. The old brick patio under the arbor was waaaay more unlevel (is that a word?)
than it appeared to the eye. 



But I hung cute patio lights, filled it with water 
and we splashed around in the end of the Atlanta heat.

This Spring I vowed to bring The Bucket up to its full potential :)


I hung a curtain behind the bucket
 and there are twinkle lights behind it for when we take an evening dip.
I pulled up alllll of those bricks, leveled the ground and put the bucket back down with pea gravel around it. I love pea gravel patio and paths like we see in European gardens. 
I thrifted a larger mirror. It's actually a very hard plastic frame. I gave it a coat of blue spray paint and it should last for ages out there.
I've added some other thrifted treasures like the vintage metal faux bamboo towel rack, lots of plants, and of course a big pineapple float!


I think The Bucket might be at its best in the evening. 
I love the lights.


There are still a few more things to be done (move that ton of bricks for one thing!)
but we are ready (as ready as we can be) for the Southern Summer heat!
If you need us we'll be "in The Bucket!"


No comments:

Post a Comment