Thursday, May 23, 2019

Lately...

Just a quick "catch-up" post. 
I attempted my 8th One Room Challenge this Spring but it did not come to fruition. 
If you are not familiar - you post your room redo process on 6 consecutive Thursdays which means you have 5 weeks to complete your project.
 I was going to refresh my kitchen. 
Out of the 5 weeks I knew I was going to be gone 2 weeks so it was a bit ambitious at the start. Then I missed a couple of Saturdays for work and conflicts 
and you cannot rush a kitchen refresh project!
I wanted to do it right.
Hopefully I will be showing you some kitchen improvements 
along and along as I get to them. 
I have completed several other ORC's
 so you can check out the links at the bottom of this post.



I have been cleaning my porch and prepping it for Summer relaxing!
We plan to enjoy our porch this Summer since last Summer we spent doing construction in every spare moment.
Decorating the repaired porch was my last ORC.

The pictures above are from last Fall but I'm always moving things around!
I found this cute bistro set , in perfect condition, at a thrift store. 



I added a couple of benches to the porch this Spring.


I love the checkerboard weave on top. This bench has storage in the seat, too. 
It's a very versatile bench and has been in our family room, library and now the porch!

I added the bench below as well.
The finish wasn't great and after trying to revive it I decide to spray paint it.


I love it in this blue!!



It's so fresh and crisp.

The porch is ready for naps on the bed swing, lunches at the various tables and relaxing with a book (or a baseball game on the TV) so now I'm on to projects in the back yard.  
Or garden as the British say!



Lamp and fan strategically placed for napping and reading!!
#illbehereifyouneedme

2 comments: