Friday, September 6, 2019

Bamboo Baker's Rack plus Herbs.

I haven't had a Bamboo Friday post in ages. 
This was supposed to be ready on Wednesday but here you go - let's call it Bamboo Friday.
(It's been a Summer for the books and this is about all I've accomplished but I am really enjoying it!)


(You can see The Bucket in the background!)


I found this bamboo baker's rack a couple of years ago for less than $20.00 at Goodwill. It had 2 glass shelves and I managed to break one along the way :(  It happens. 
It was temporarily housed in my work area and so I just had wooden shelves cut for it. 


I recently decided to relocate it to my screened in porch as a home for potted herbs. 
Since I'm going to put plants on the shelves and I would be worried about the weight (especially when they were wet) 
I decided to keep the wooden shelves and not have glass ones cut. 
I also wanted to give it a coat of paint. This particular piece had some pretty rough, porous looking areas and I think it needs the protection the paint will offer.


I put this thing on saw horses and turned it every which way to paint it.
 It has so many nooks and crannies and curves.
 You just have to give it a lot of light coats from multiple directions.


I use this dark green spray paint for my porch and yard furniture. 
It is as close to the dark, Charleston green as I can get in a can.
And, 1. I don't know why there are drips on that can. I never have any trouble with this paint. It's the best coverage I've found. #notsponsored but boy, do I wish someone would send me free spray paint :)  2. That table is obviously on the 'need to paint' list! Ha!

Then I slid it in it's new spot and started filling it up with plants,
 blue and white (of course) and some other thrifted finds. 


I think that this spot will get enough morning sun and afternoon light to keep some potted herbs happy and give us great access for cooking. 
I think it will be a great spot to bring the herbs in to from their Summer spots out in the yard and winter them over. I'll keep you posted on Instagram.





And guess what popped up on my FB marketplace this week?
The exact same baker's rack with all the glass shelves.
 Not a bad price at all!!


I'm headed to the garden center for a few more herbs and some potting soil!
Do you have favorite herbs that you grow?

No comments:

Post a Comment