Sunday, November 3, 2019

Blue and White Chinoiserie Christmas Preview

I did wait until after Halloween to post what I've been making lately.
(And I have been eating Halloween candy while doing it!!)


The biggest project has been this blue and white plate wreath that was inspired by @tortoiseandharevintage on IG. She installs a plate wall wreath in her shop! 


A lot of people have asked "how?" on my IG feed 
and on my @elizabethandpayne IG account.

It's pretty easy - just takes a little time.
That is a faux pine wreath. I bought it at a wholesale florist and it truly looks real but there are faux wreaths for sale everywhere right now.

I gathered an assortment of thrifted blue and white plates  
then laid them out on the wreath to get an idea of placement. 

Next I adhered these amazing plate hangers to the back of my plates.
They dry over night and then I added my plates to the wreath and tied a big plaid bow for the top center!


I did the same thing for this smaller wreath 
and just used a single plate to fill the center opening. 
I forgot to take a better picture :( and sorry about the price tag but I didn't have a spare moment to take a cute, styled blogger appropriate pic before it went to the booth.

And then I've created some little Winter Wonderlands 
in blue and white teacups and bowls. 
They will be great as hostess gifts and to just add a touch of Christmas to places like a powder room where there isn't a lot of room for more decorations.


This one is so small and cute. The tallest tree is only about 2 1/2 inches tall!


And lots of people are creating these Chinoiserie blue and white ornaments. 
Just hit up Pinterest if you need tips on how-to!
These are good sellers for us and I enjoy drawing them.
I made my first one a few years ago for this little tree and I haven't stopped yet!


There's definitely more Chinoiserie Christmas to come but that's a little sneak peak for now!



4 comments:

  1. So much to love! The ornaments are so pretty and would make a spectacular tree. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do I purchase the ornaments? So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got quite a few ornaments sold already. I'm going to inventory this weekend and then I will know if i have anymore. The best way to proceed is to message me on my Instagram if you are an IG-er! @madebymolliesmom

      Delete