Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Sunflowers


 Last week we visited Anderson's Sunflower Farm in Cumming GA. 
Sunflowers are Mollie's favorite and I was inspired to find a sunflower farm after I saw 


I simply googled "sunflower farms near me" and several popped up. Anderson's was the closest and easiest to get to so I checked the weather for the next few days (we've been having lots of showers) and planned an outing!


We had a ton of fun. I highly recommend any outdoor adventure you can come up with right now. After being cooped up from Covid19 lockdown for so long these little outings to enjoy nature are more fun than ever!


I did not know that the "sunflower season" is relatively short. Anderson's is only open for 7-10 days depending on weather and bloom. We picked a tub full - at a dollar a bloom it was hard to have self control :)


We put them all over the house!!!


They are on the porch...


In the Family room...



It's hard to be crabby with all of these beautiful sunflowers around.


I hope you can find a "pick your own" outing near you!
They are good for the lifting your spirits!

2 comments:

  1. Good idea to go on an outing! Taking a drive somewhere...fun but safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was the perfect outing! We could enjoy the fresh air without a mask and there was so much space we could stay "socially distanced"

    ReplyDelete