Monday, August 3, 2020

July Wrap Up

I can't believe it is August. It's amazing to me that with things so different due to Covid19 or whatever they are calling it now and so many regular Summer activities cancelled or altered drastically that time is flying by. (For me anyway!)
Spring seemed to last forever and now Summer is a blur. 
The children in our area are starting back to school over the next two weeks in a variety of different scenarios but it really doesn't feel like back to school time at all. 

I thought I'd share a half dozen or so things
from life in July.

First up. I have only been in a thrift store a handful of times since we locked down in March and then started our reopening phases in May.
I'm very surprised to say that they are pretty empty and I have not found anything very exciting at all. I thought that everyone was cleaning out and donating during lockdown. 
We did (big time) but there is not much to be found in my area.
That being said I saw this over a week ago at GW. 


It was quite large and very sturdy. It would have been easy to replace the black leather (?) if someone wanted to. I thought it would have been fabulous in our black walled Library but it was a bit too large for us. If it had been rattan or faux bamboo I would have snatched it up. It wouldn't have been the first time that I rearranged multiple rooms for a great find :) 
It was $39.00  Quite a deal!

This brings me to my second item. I had a little vent session with Gwen at The Makerista and Thrift With The Makerista about FB Marketplace sellers and etiquette. I have bought and sold on FBM for years and met lots of delightful, helpful, patient sellers. 
BUT, I am seeing this more and more and it irritates me.
 Is it just me?
 Or do you think this "gimmick" to catch buyers eyes is OK? 


The ad on the left said all 11 items listed were priced individually and to DM them for pricing. The ad on the right had prices at the bottom and the planters started at $180.00.
Nothing was free or $1.00.
And the other day I told a seller I wanted an item and later she messaged me to say she had a lot of interest after we chatted and wanted me to know before I picked up the item that she was raising the price!!! 
I don't think this is OK.  Maybe I'm being a stick in the mud...
I say don't be this kind of seller!

Moving right along. I love this IG feed @ikomello for great inspiration photos. 
This is my current favorite:


We had Drive Thru VBS at church this year. 
It was a lot of fun even if it 
was very different. 
We still had VBS shirts...


Speaking of socially distancing. 
This is where I would like to ride out my next pandemic :))))

 
Private island?
#yesplease

And I became obsessed with this beautiful art created by a Bahamian named 
Mr. Amos Ferguson.




He passed away in 2009 but if he were alive
 I'd be tracking him down to purchase one of his happy paintings. 
I could hang them in my house on that private island I mentioned above :)

And now it's August!

2 comments:

  1. Have mercy! That he chase is something else. No room here for it either. The person raising the prices! V bad karma. Not to mention a big fat no no!

    ReplyDelete