Saturday, November 7, 2020

Family Room "Fluff" - One Room Challenge

One more week to get all the "fluffing" completed.
I have resorted to my typical ORC MO - I've made the list!
So here is what I need to complete for a room reveal next week. I've included anything that's in progress but not completed because I really like crossing things off of a list!

To Do:
1. Finish painting walls, trim and brick fireplace surround.
2. Hang curtains on the "door camouflage project" Oh, and order a bamboo shade for the door!
3. Install picture light.
4. Finish backing bamboo cabinets and edit display items.
5. Polish copper tray table.
6. Pillows. We could use a fresh look!
7. Decide on side chair.
8. Rehang art over side chair.
9. Edit accessories and arrange the ones staying. 
10. Wash slipcovers and wrestle them back on the couch cushions :(


This is the wall that the TV used to be on and this painting hung over the couch. 
They have basically switched places.
And I've always wanted a picture light over a piece of artwork. 
I installed this one that I found on Amazon for about $25. 
It is cordless and has a remote - can't beat that.
Something that needed doing (more than I realized) was polishing the


It is quite large so I took it outside and set it up on sawhorses to polish. 
Pretty dramatic before/after.
Note to self. Polish this waaaay more often!


I've had a little setback in sourcing the exact pillow fabrics I wanted 
but I've found at least one winner.


That's about it. 
The rest of the room is in disarray with "in progress" projects but I did manage to snag some gorgeous coral spray roses to cheer the room up! You know how I feel about buying the roses.

I'm looking forward to tying up the rest of the loose ends and posting a reveal next week!
Meanwhile check here to see some major room projects that other ORC participants are working away on.





2 comments:

  1. That coffee table is absolutely gorgeous!! Polishing copper gives me flashbacks to polishing my dad's copper cookware for $1 per pan. I think I'll admire your table from afar. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that - $1 per pan. He got the good end of that deal. Polishing cookware is much harder than this tray!

      Delete