Wednesday, October 19, 2016

from my iphone 10 20 2016

1. We had a Sole Hope Shoe Cutting Party at church last week after our  Missions Lunch.
This is one of the easiest and truly helpful projects I have ever helped with. 
You cut shoes pieces out of old blue jeans.
 Mail them to Sole Hope, they ship to Uganda and teach people there how to make shoes thus employing people and the shoes are given to children who are in danger of disease, being crippled, amputation or worse due to jiggers.
#zerojiggers.
You order a kit with all you need but blue jeans 
and it's great as a home party or with a large group. 
Watch the videos of children with jiggers.
 Really. Do it. 
And the quote by Asher Collie at the beginning of the video about who the problem belongs to is one of the best!!)
Then have a Shoe Cutting Party. 


And all ages can help.


 Look at Frank cranking out the denim shoe parts.
 If a retired doctor of mathematics can do it, so can you :)


A very kind person donated their coin jar(s) to Edu-Pack to help with Hurricane Matthew Relief efforts in Haiti.
 However, it needed to be rolled. The WCYouth Group spent hours rolling it. 
And we haven't finished. We are at $1500.00
That's a big coin jar!!


2. I spend a lot of time in this gym from October until March Madness. 
I don't know a thing about basketball. I played tennis.
Thankfully I have a great team of basketball loving volunteers. 
And they are all 2 feet taller than I am :)


 3.  I went river rafting on the Nantahala. 



We used Nantahala Outdoor Center for our group and it was a fantastic experience.
Beautiful day on the river.
 Do it. 
It's good for the soul. 
Take your kids. #nocellservice



Someone did have what they call an OOBE.
Out of Boat Experience. 
It ended well - so no worries!
#oholivia

4. The purple mums Mollie gave me for my birthday in September are still going strong!



5.  Mollie turned 25!! 
#howdidthathappen



6. Compassion Experience.

I went to a Compassion Experience program in Roswell a few weeks ago.
Well done!
You experience life in an emerging nation through the eyes of a child. I learned a lot.
  If you get a chance to go to one - do it. 
And take your kids. It's interactive and you use ipods so there's that!!

7. I have had some great thrifting luck lately!


I love it when you find a pair!

(I have a new favorite mustard yellow spray paint!!)

This lamp!!! 


Bamboo shelf in perfect condition. $20.00 
#loaditup



Vintage bamboo swivel chairs.
Going white.


8. I made this one pan lemon rosemary chicken dish from Southern Living. 
Seriously good. And easy. And one pan!!
#winnerwinnerchickendinner

And this is my picture - not the professional SL one. 
It's really that gorgeous!!

9. I want to live in a house that is situated just like this.
But someplace warm.


10. I'm all in on flamingos. 


11. Mollie and our friend, Handel, from Haiti. We had dinner a few days after Hurricane Matthew ravaged the end of the island. His family and friends are okay.
There are lots of ways to help if you are able.


12. We have had a few cool nights in Atlanta and the firepit has been in use.
 It goes well with red wine ;)


Well, if you are still with me I promise to "empty" my cell phone more often. 
This was a long one!


I was invited to link up at White Spray Paint Blog.
Check it out and that's a blog name I can relate to!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to see what you are up to- which all looks like fun to me.
    Most of my cell phone photos are of things I don't want to forget!
    I hope you will share this Thursday (tomorrow) at Thoughts of Home.
    Just stop by my blog to join in.

    Laura
    White Spray Paint
    www.whitespraypaintblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linked up and enjoying looking through all the other link ups!

      Delete