Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year!

The first blog post of the year on 1/1 !!
Don't be impressed.
 I'm putting off the inevitable- using lopping shears to trim the branches off the tree to be able to get it out of the house.
 It grew - a lot- when we took the mesh off at the beginning of December.


We had friends over for NYE - small scale and quiet-
 but I wanted to do a little bit of festive decor to welcome 2017 in the door!


I justified the glittery 2017 banner because I am giving it to the only girl in my youth group to graduate this year!! 
She can repurpose it into Graduation Party decor!

And of course the fabulous Bamboo Bar Carts made a reappearance!


I bought amber colored Christmas lights on clearance because I thought they would add a warm glow to the bamboo and brass pineapples I was planning to use on the carts.


I used one bamboo cart in the foyer again - just like for our Christmas Brunch
but I put party hats, horns and noisemakers on it. 
Target and Dollar Store all the way.





Just inside the Family Room Door I placed the other Bamboo bar cart. 
It held the essentials for our under 21 guests!


(I forgot to take a picture after it was completely stocked - oops!)


It wasn't very cold but we also had the new Keurig corner
 (one of Mollie's Christmas surprises - coffee is important to her!! Isn't the color fab??) 
stocked if anyone wanted Hot Chocolate, Hot Cider or Coffee!

I hope you got to ring in the New Year with family and friends.
 I'm headed to "undecorate" some more, cook our traditional Southern New Years Day meal 
(Hoppin' John, Greens, and pork roast) and then we are headed out to a rockin' worship service called "Day One" (complete with food trucks afterwards) to get this party known as 2017 started!!! 

2 comments:

  1. everything looks so lovely, it sounds like you had a wonderful new years, and I'm so impressed you got a post up on the first day of 2017!
    hugs,
    Lesle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I can't believe the holidays are over and 2017 is full speed ahead! Happy 2017 to you! Marcie

      Delete