Thursday, October 10, 2019

ORC Fall 2019 - The Kitchen (yep, again)

Week 2 Check-In.

Paint was mixed and purchased. 
Then, paint was remixed.
If you call me and ask me what color you should paint something, anything, I can decisively tell you in a very short period of time. My friend Dawn called me once and asked for my top 3 grays. I gave her a shortlist within 15 minutes and one worked perfectly - bathroom, light, etc. completely unseen. 
For myself? Not so much.

I'm 100% on the Sherwin Williams Naval for the French door. 
The one in question has been the eating nook ceiling color.
(I just took a bit of the 1st gallon mixed for the ceiling and diluted it with a ton of white paint and now it's a go!)


We had some ceiling repair hanging over our heads (So punny!) but we got that completed 
and 75% of the sanding dust cleaned up :)  It just goes everywhere. 
That is not spilled white paint that is DUST! And after sweeping once already. 

I've been out of town in Virginia for more than half of this work week
 so I haven't really done much more than that!! And what I have done isn't picture worthy. 
Just dry spackle and such!!

I did, however, decorate my porch barcart for Fall. Because this is my process.
Chaos in one area seems to make me need to decorate elsewhere :)
And I found huge, gorgeous purple mums in VA for $6.00 so it seemed necessary!


Here's to having more to share next week. 
Check in with all the other ORC'ers here.



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know right? I think I've got the one I want and then I'm forever adding white or something like that!! I really need a paint mixing machine of my own :)

      Delete