Friday, March 6, 2020

40 Clams!

"Clams" is a slang term for dollars. 
It was used in the 1920's so I guess it's appropriate for 2020!

What I'm really talking about is neither money nor actual clams!

I'm sharing a great find - my giant clam shell that I got for , you guessed it, 40 dollars!


I have wanted a really big faux clam shell for years. Yearrrrrsss!


But they were out of my price range. Literally hundreds of dollars from some sites.

And then I stumbled across what appeared to be a large, nice looking clam shell 
on the Wal-Mart website. (I know, right??)
This was the description:

Dimensions: 22.5W x 13D x 7H in
Hand cast in cement
Antique white finish
For outdoor use

I looked at other well known decor sites and compared the details of far pricier clam shells. They seemed to be the same size, material, color, etc. 


But this one was only $40.00 plus FREE shipping!! 
This is important - it's made from concrete. 


I decided to give it a try. I was a bit skeptical but 
 I could always return it and, hey, it's only 40 clams!!

It came very quickly and is fabulous!! 
So I feel like it was 40 clams well spent!!

Here are some images from my Pinterest board of giant clam shells in use.

Is this not gorgeous?? 
Everything on @theislandstandard IG feed is beyond beautiful!


And from another favorite IG feed

They basically win "Best Use Of Seashells on IG!"



See what I mean!?!




I had to share - no reason to "clam up" when there's a good deal out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment