Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Bar Cart in Blue and White


I put together this bar cart as part of a fun and thoughtful challenge created by Lydia from the Party Wagon - her blog and IG feed are fabulous.
She gave a lot of IG friends a challenge to create a blue and white tribute to health care workers who wear blue scrubs and/or white coats.


Lydia suggested creating a tablescape but I thought that when this is over
 all of those doctors and nurses might like a nice long happy hour 
so I zhushed the bar cart on our screened porch.


If we were really ready to party then the bottom shelf of this vintage cart would be filled with liquor choices and bubbly chilling in a silver champagne bucket.



Mollie and I have been enjoying "mocktails" during the week and very fizzy mineral waters with fresh garnishes are our favorite. You can get pretty creative with the combinations of waters, fruits and juices, and garnishes.


In addition to fizzy waters and citrus garnishes I added a salty snack or two in cute bowls.
I ordered a set of dish towels from Amazon last year and it's fun to have all the gingham color choices! I pulled out the French Blue and classic navy.


The leopard napkins are from The Dollar Tree. (I know!) 
I bought a stack when I found them. 
The lemon and palm leaf drink markers (in the pineapple dish on the left) are from The Dollar Spot at Target (purchased last year.) 
Setting up a pretty drinks spot doesn't have to be pricey!


The thrifted tortoiseshell glass holds bamboo straws from The Grove. 
They come with a little brush to clean them with!
#usewhatyouhave


All of the blue and white, the bamboo tray and even the pretty glasses were thrifted. 
The vintage silk painting is one of a pair and were a major score.
The camel lamp has a great before and after here.


Thank you to health care workers during this crazy Covid19 time. 
Thank you to Lydia at the Party Wagon for motivating us to post a tribute. 

And think about setting up your own bar cart to make relaxing 
during these stressful times a little more fun!
It doesn't have to be just for adults! Add fun straws and cups for the kiddos. 
Put out favorite soda flavors and a few treats. It would be perfect for movie nights or game night since board games are making a huge comeback while we are sheltering at home.
Stay safe and well.


4 comments:

  1. Too bad there aren't Like buttons on blogs - I would hit it twice! Very nice tribute to all our health care warriors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It would be fun to be able to hit "likes" on blogs!! Stay well.

      Delete
  2. Marcie!! This is so fabulous!! I am not sure how I missed it, but WOW!! I love what you did. Thank you for sharing and for putting so much thought and effort into the challenge. You are amazing and so much fun- and talented!! ������

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet. It was a ton of fun and I appreciated you coming up with such a fun activity!!

      Delete