Thursday, April 23, 2020

World Book Day.

April 23 is World Book Day.
It was designated by UNESCO in 1995 
and April 23rd is the anniversary of William Shakespeare's death. 
I, perhaps, would have chosen the anniversary of his birth. Slightly more upbeat spin but no one at The UN has ever asked my opinion on anything.


Anyway, that being said, I am a book stacker. Yep. I am. 
So in honor of World Book Day and long departed Shakespeare here is a glance at a few of my favorite books in their respective stacks 
and a couple of shots of our Library (that used to be our Dining Room.)










What great books are hiding behind that elephant?


Most of our books, stacked or otherwise, reside in the Library 
which used to be our Dining Room.
We don't live in a grand house at all but we morphed our little used Dining Room
 into a very useful Library over 10 years ago. 
I gave it a big refresh a couple of years ago during a One Room Challenge.
And then another little update recently.


 (We even have a book related Christmas tradition if you want to check that out!)


This old cabinet (originally from an old school library) is on the opposite side of the Library from the bookcases and globes above.

Open...



and closed.



I am always thankful for my cozy home but home is more important now more than ever.

I have been enjoying looking through my favorite design books 
during this shelter in place time. 
What about you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment