Friday, June 25, 2021

One Room Challenge Week 8 - The Hall of Mirrors Reveal

 I'm back! I was determined to finish up this ORC despite all of the unexpected delays that came my way - being hit on Memorial Day, a totaled car, wearing a walking cast, dealing with insurance, 3 sick Cooper visits to the vet in one week plus all the normal stuff we do like eat, go to work, grocery shop, water the garden... you know! I hate to admit it but all that "stuff" messed with my mojo and momentum!! I thought I was going to wrap up the details on Friday and Saturday of Reveal Week and post a completed project but that is not the case!! More bumps in the road and I refuse to stress or rush through the curtain project - If I messed up my gorgeous pagoda fabric by hurrying I might cry!! 


A few progress shots:



 This wasn't going to be a big big splashy ta-da anyway,  like so many of the ORC reveals (and I have my favorites) but the thing that is important to remember in all of this is that it isn't a competition and everyone who has participated has been motivated to improve a space in their home. That's a big W in my book. We never really thought much about how dingy and uninspiring this space was - we just walked through on our way to whatever room. Now we have each said, "Wow! This is so much nicer!" It's definitely prettier - and healthier too. We removed the old, old carpeting that retained so much more dust than I realized. 

I like how bright and fresh it is. I think it makes a great transitional space for all of the rooms that feed off of it and I love the fabric we used to hide the laundry closet. You can read about the awful janky bifold doors that used to be there here. The details of the flooring project are here and  here

So even unfinished we are glad that it is as improved as it is. I will finish, post here and on IG and hopefully you will give it a look!


Thank you to Linda and Better Homes and Gardens for hosting the best motivator for me in all of IG Land!! 
Check back soon :)













1 comment: