Sunday, April 17, 2022

Easter Decorating. Do You or Don't You?

Seasonal decorating... do you or don't you? 
When Mollie was little I let her decorate for the holidays with lots of cute little things - an Easter village or a pumpkin patch and she had a nativity that was all hers to play with and move around as she wished. As she got older I became less of a seasonal decorator and more about adding the "natural" elements from each season. I kept saying I am not much of a seasonal decorator BUT with a little time on my hands over the last couple of years I have upped my seasonal decorating a little bit. Still very little compared to a lot of what's going on out there but it's been fun.



In addition to the Chinoiserie Easter Tree I created this year (and plan to pull out for years to come!) I thought I would share a few other things that I have done around the house.

First of all I have stuck palm branches left over from Palm Sunday here and there. I lean a little coastal/lowcountry in my decor anyway so they fit right in. 



I put some flocked bunnies and chinoiserie eggs at the base of the lemon tree in the garden room.




You may have seen on Instagram that, in addition to my chinoiserie eggs, I marbleized some as well. I used the same spray paint technique I used for my mini pumpkins. 



I created this bunny topiary using a clay pot of bulbs that I had planted in late Winter. Their timing was perfect so I added a little grapevine bunny I purchased at the Target Dollar Spot and tossed in a few chinoiserie eggs. A five minute centerpiece!


This is another little bunny I pull out every year. he's just a flocked bunny on a pick but he's charming in his simplicity. I juts stick him in whatever little planter has greened up already.


And then who doesn't want a giant chocolate Easter Bunny around for Easter dinner? This guy is not edible - he got a coat of spray paint and looks so much like a chocolate bunny that people were fooled!!


My last little Easter project this year was a Resurrection Garden for the entryway at church.
I had seen some on IG and Pinterest. It was easily put together. I used silk greenery because of the location at church but it would be beautiful to create with real plants. Maybe next year.


Happy Easter!




No comments:

Post a Comment