Monday, August 8, 2022

Summer Flowers

Fresh flowers are one of the greatest joys of summer living - whether you can pick a complete arrangement from your yard or if you simply add a few picked beauties to your weekly store bought bouquets.

I'm sharing some of the flowers that have brightened up our spaces, inside and out, so far this summer. 


I added a few hosta leaves to this bright bouquet of store bought spray roses. Hostas are one of my favorite sources for greenery. I love the large leaves and I have solid and variegated plants to choose from.




All flowers from the yard - hydrangea, plumbago, angel wing begonia and hosta leaves.



Mollie had Trader Joe's peonies in July. They were fabulous and lasted forever!


Grocery store bouquets of alstromeria last forever too. This little bouquet was on the side table next to my "spot" in the family room. 


As far as I'm concerned it's hard to beat a bunch of free branches in a glass vase. You can go as large as you want! 


I cut lots of hydrangeas to bring inside when my bushes are in full bloom. I tuck them everywhere.


It's also fun to have a big vase full too!


I shared how we love to visit sunflower farms here and here.


It's so much fun to gather large bouquets to take home. 


What's your favorite summer flower?






No comments:

Post a Comment