Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Do You Ever Really Finish Decorating A Christmas Tree?



I admire people who put up their tree and it is "finished!" Somehow I just can't quite get stopped adding decor to a Christmas tree. Are you finished? Or are you like me? Tweaking the tree until the last moment?

I got a new King of Christmas Tree that I knew I was going to put in our Library and that really motivated me to do some fun DIYs that I'd been thinking about but hadn't gotten around to doing. You can see the previous DIYS here here, here, and here

Today I'm going to share the last few DIYs on the Library tree. 

Mollie and I made some of the faux mercury ornaments that are all over Pinterest using Krylon Looking Glass spray paint. I used the mirror spray paint on French doors between our entry and garden room years ago and I was impressed at how easy it was to get a mottled, antique mirror look on plain glass. 


It's like having little mini gazing balls all over the tree. The reflective quality is great. 


Next up were some decoupaged ornaments. I decoupaged an Easter tree and a fall tree with chinoiserie and marbled papers! I wasn't about to leave my Christmas tree out of it!
I found museum images of Japanese woodblock winter scenes. Snow and pagodas! Perfect for my Christmas ornaments. Follow the links to the Easter of fall tree for complete DIYs.




You aren't limited to chinoiserie ornaments for this project. Any subject matter that you would like to see on your tree is possible - just search for copyright free images to print and decoupage. 
The first ones I ever made were Audubon bird images downloaded from the Audubon Society website. 



I tried some botanical images as well. I chose pine, holly and mistletoe.






The last little DIY (if you can call it that) was to glitter some inexpensive plastic icicle ornaments to add some shimmer to the tree. I found mine at Target -$3 for 12. 


I painted the icicle with Mod Podge and then dipped it in crystal glitter. So quick and easy but it adds a lot of sparkle and shimmer to the tree.  I like a little sparkle during the holidays!


I hope you have a chance to create some ornaments of your own this year! Enjoy your Christmas tree - they are magical!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment