Sunday, November 13, 2022

Marbleized Mushrooms? What's Next?

There seems to be no end in sight when it comes to marbleizing items around here!

Today it is mushrooms - wooden ones, not the real thing.


I used the same technique to marbleize my wooden pieces as I did the Christmas ornaments. Full DIY here. You can see a video of the mushrooms here.

I used my favorite Rustoleum 2x spray paint in Berry, Blossom White and Coral to create my mushrooms. You can find all kinds of wooden shapes to marbleize but I chose mushrooms this time.

I painted my mushrooms white before dipping. Here they are drying under Cooper's careful supervision :)


I had to go back and touch up the stems a little after the marbleizing dried. 


I added screw eyes and fishing line so I could hang them on my new King of Christmas Noble Fir tree.



I'm loving the warm colored swirls on the mushrooms with the blue and white marbleized ornaments.



Be sure to follow along. I have a few more ornament DIYs planned for this tree in our Library. 



No comments:

Post a Comment