Tuesday, November 1, 2022

My New Christmas Tree!!

I have admired King of Christmas trees for a long time. I even recommended one to my friend Julie last year and she loves hers. I love the open branches of the Noble Fir so when King of Christmas asked me to choose a tree I knew what I wanted without having to look! The box arrived quickly and I couldn't wait to see it. They come with a fabulous remote, gloves to wear while fluffing (and mine was so easy to fluff) and a bag for off season storage - no stuffing it back in a tattered box year after year!

I have several DIY ornaments planned for my tree which is going to be in my library this Christmas. In a blue and white chinoiserie planter! (Mine is thrifted but this one is similar.) So exciting. 

The first "layer" for my tree is the simplest DIY of all. I ordered these faux orange slices. In most instances I like to use "real" items but I'm a little funny about using food in ways that it can't be eaten later (you do you, but I've spent a lot of time with people who are food insecure so I chose faux for this.) Citrus is traditional in Christmas decor and I wanted to add orange slices to my tree. 

I used a very small drill bit to put a hole all the way through my orange slice.

I decided to glitter the sides of my slices for a little extra sparkle because I'm not going for a farmhouse or country look. You can definitely skip this step. I used Mod Podge and coarse crystal glitter that I already had (similar glitter) to "sugar" my orange slices.


After the glittered sides dried I used clear fishing line to create a hanging loop so the orange can easily hang in the open places between the branches. 

The space for ornaments and movement in the silhouette of the Noble Fir is the reason I chose this particular tree. I also went with a 6 foot tree so I could place it in a chinoiserie planter on a stand. 


The faux orange slices are the first layer on my tree. I have several more DIYs planned  (there is a little peek at the next one - any guesses??)s o be sure to follow along here on the blog and on my instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment