Friday, March 29, 2019

Bamboo Friday.

I'm so, so excited for warm weather and porch time.
I've posted a couple of shots of this mantle set up on my screened in porch 
on Intstagram recently and had a lot of interest about this bamboo mirror.


Y'all - it is plastic!!
And therefore perfect for outside use!!
Do not count plastic bamboo out!!


It's vintage - you can really tell it's age from the back
but it looks great , and surprisingly "real", not plastic, from the front.

I have found several plastic "bamboo" mirrors in the last couple of years. They can be spray painted if the color is a bit off. The one over the porch fireplace just needed dusting!  All of mine have been less than $10.00 at GW and thrift stores. I did a little research and there are several on Etsy and ebay right now. 
They were used in bathrooms in the 60's and 70's 
and there are a lot of different shapes and sizes out there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment