Sunday, October 18, 2020

Family Room "Fluff"- One Room Challenge

 Week 2

One thing that I wanted to happen in this "fluff" is to edit some of the smaller items in the room. There are too many. 

I love these cabinets across the back wall. I like having the chests on each side. 

Pardon the protective cloth draped on the couch in this picture :) #cooperproofing

However there are two things that bother me visually.

1. I feel like I need to paint the chests white or something very light. I don't like the wood tone with the bamboo cabinets. The dressers are not a style I would choose but I have had them since childhood and I liked them with the previous antique cabinet we had in here. and I may be getting more streamlined chests from Mollie that are already white. If not, I will paint these in the meantime and they will basically recede. (I just painted this chest white and we really like it!)

and

2. I want to line the back of the bamboo cabinets with something white or lighter to make what I do edit and leave in them stand out better. I do not want to paint the insides - yet. I want to try lining the backs first before I commit to paint. #commitmentissues  I also have to replace the glass in one of the cabinet doors. I thrifted these last year and one was missing the glass. Now that I have decided to use all 3 and in here together I need to make that small repair. 

So,  projects to hopefully accomplish before next Thursday! They are small but it's good to cross things off of the "ORC list"

Be sure to check out everyone's progress here There are some serious makeovers and renovations going on this time.

 I've taken the easy way out this round but there are plenty of meaty makeovers to follow!



4 comments:

  1. Ohhhh those cabs are g r e a t ! How about battery op puck lights rather than paper? Seriously you have an outstanding collection. Yay for you.You are so nice I'm not even jealous . Well maybe a speck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Haha!! Great thought -They are actually lighted cabinets and they do look good when they are on but I don't leave them on often so I'm looking for a solution to brighten up when not lit.

      Delete
  2. Those bamboo cabinets could stand in that room alone and be a winner. You have the greatest pieces of furniture ..... the cabinets are fantastic, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The cabinets were an amazing find (19.99 each!!!!) at a thrift store. I could not believe it.

      Delete