Friday, October 2, 2020

October is All About the Pumpkins and Mums

 As I mentioned last post we don't decorate for fall until after our last September birthday on the 29th. 

So now pumpkins are a GO!


I've been busy painting Chinoiserie pumpkins. The weather has been beautiful and I've been sitting on the screened porch to paint. The last batch from "my patch" has shipped out!
Now I can start sprinkling them around at my house. And they can hang around until Thanksgiving because they are Fall decor not strictly Halloween!


I found that ribbed blue and white Chinoiserie piece at a thrift store. It looks like a pumpkin. 

And I have a few of my favorite white heirloom pumpkins mixed in too. 
I prefer the pastel and white heirlooms to the bright orange pumpkins but the orange ones show up in a couple of spots too!


The first place I add in fall touches is my screened porch because I always get mums for my birthday!! My favorite mum colors are purple and white. Look at the size of this purple mum! It's the biggest one I've ever gotten!
Are you a mum person? 
I love them. They say Fall to me!

I'm off to add some Fall touches in other spots around the house. 
I'll be sure to share more pictures soon.











No comments:

Post a Comment