Monday, October 5, 2020

This Gal Got a Better Job.

 


In her previous life she was an ashtray!


When we were closing up my parents home and having the estate sale earlier this year this sweet little girl on a stand was found in the basement. I instantly loved her even though I knew we wouldn't need her to serve her original purpose!


I've had her a few months now but hadn't found just the right spot for her.
I've recently painted this chest in my entryway again!
I've struggled with this particular spot for months. It's the first thing you see when you enter our house and I think all the articles I read during lockdown about how important the "message" your entry way sends to all who enter caused me to become indecisive and somehow unable to pull it together!

But after I went to this great warm white (Sherwin Williams Steamed Milk) to match the Gampel Stoll mirror hanging above it I decided her dark silhouette might be just the contrast (and height) this spot needs.


She's holding some cute little pumpkins right now but I've already found 2 sweet little blue and white Chinoiserie planters that fit on the stand that will hold small plants. And I can already envision Christmas ornaments balancing in the little trays for Christmas. 


I think she's happy with her new line of work!

2 comments:

  1. She's adorable and quite a good find! Thanks for reassigning her to a more healthy job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this job is definitely better for her and the environment :)

      Delete