Friday, December 18, 2020

Christmas in the Kitchen

 The kitchen may be the "heart of the home" but it gets the "short end of the stick" when it comes to blogging (on my part anyway!) 

I haven't shared the kitchen very often - it just never seems to be clean enough and with all the "stuff" that accumulates put away. But it came close this week to being clean and uncluttered so I took a few pictures. This kitchen was actually one of my One Room Challenges that I just didn't quite finish for the longest time so I never posted a "reveal."

A little greenery, a few plaid bows and some twinkle lights go a long way in making the kitchen feel as cheerful as the rest of the house. 







Looking back the other direction to the eating area end of the kitchen. The kitchen is long and narrow and the eating area windows look into one side of the screened in porch.





This 100 drawer vintage hardware store cabinet is our spice rack. Each drawer is labeled and holds our large collection of cooking spices and herbs. It's on the wall opposite the cabinets above that are topped with blue and white pieces. The galvanized trash can holds Cooper's dog food. Big dogs require serious food storage solutions!


Hanging above the spice cabinet is a large, original watercolor of a Charleston scene 
that was inherited.

The blue and white Chinoiserie pieces and the silver champagne buckets are always in our kitchen. I just use seasonal plants, flowers or greenery to freshen the kitchen up each season. We cook every night (even pre-pandemic) and so I don't feel like I can add extra decor or accessories to the kitchen counters and table. 

There is one special touch that has been added just for Christmas.


 Mollie painted a Santa paint by number that we framed and propped at the end of the kitchen table. One of my favorite things to do each evening is to turn on the lamp above it and enjoy how it brightens up the kitchen at night.



"And to all a good night!"


2 comments: