Sunday, December 13, 2020

Like Velvet

 Velvet is having a moment at our house this Christmas. 


Red velvet is the traditional Christmas look but we don't use red in our Christmas decorating very often so velvet hasn't been a major player in our house. Until now!

This Christmas lots of other colors of velvet are showing up. 

First, I found this gorgeous mustard gold velvet ribbon. I had recently purchased this pinecone wreath and I could just "see" them paired together. 

Then I saw this gorgeous velvet magnolia wreath. I was smitten. 



Then I found out there was a matching swag! Sold! 


We used the velvet magnolia swag on the mantel in the family room which was recently freshened up for the Fall One Room Challenge.

Then I decided I wanted wreaths in the windows in the Library (this is what happens when I don't have a deadline to 'finish' decorating!)

So I picked up a couple more of the velvet magnolia wreaths. They are gorgeous and they will store flat so that's a huge bonus!

Here's a night time shot of the velvet wreaths in the Library.


I couldn't wait to use all of these gorgeous velvet items in my decor.

 They are rich and elegant but also simple and understated as well. 

Do you use velvet ribbons at Christmas time?

2 comments: